Forums > RWBY

RWBY Volume 5: In-Depth Discussion/Speculation/Spoilers (Volume 5 Premieres Oct 14th)

Posts (3818)

• Bumblebee4life

Bumblebee4life FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33569136 - 3 months ago

In reply to Blue-Rose-89

Illa will probably defect the fox twins on the other hand are glorified elite mooks so they won't get much in the way of characterization.  

• HunterBlaine

HunterBlaine FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33569143 - 3 months ago

In reply to Blue-Rose-89

I WANT her too. Will she? Time will tell.

Her and Blakes history is something im very curious about, wont lie

• Sonicxben

Sonicxben FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33569255 - 3 months ago

In reply to HunterBlaine  Blake will no doubt explain it, and I think the 'fox twins' will also appear.  From their design, I'm thinking they will be assassins of some kind.

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33569400 - 3 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01

Which is more reason to show them. I'm not sure if I want them to be important to the global story, but I do want them to have good on-screen time.

That's a tough one. On one hand, I'd like her to reject Adam and join Blake (she's her mentor, after all). On the other hand, having her remain loyal to the Fang, while accepting its sins, could be a compelling story. Something like this: she admits the Fang's been doing nasty things, and she deeply regrets that. But she swore an oath, or anything similar, and has to remain a Fang to the end. I don't know if I explained myself here, but something like that is what I'd like to see.

In reply to Sonicxben

The twins will be Adam's goons, like Em and Merc for Cinder.

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33569401 - 3 months ago

In reply to FettucCR

You and me both

• Blue-Rose-89

Blue-Rose-89

#33569918 - 3 months ago

In reply to FettucCR

I get what you're saying I'm open to that possibility. 

Overall I would like to see the White Fang be 'humanized' in Vol 5 or 6. I want to see members that are either Faunus that believe in the cause but lost their way (like Illia could possibly be) or Faunus who, like Blake, are beginning to regret their actions and want out but can't because desertion means death. If Blake wants to take back the White Fang she needs those Faunus in her group instead of ones that want no involvement with the White Fang.

• HunterBlaine

HunterBlaine FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33569925 - 3 months ago

In reply to Blue-Rose-89

I actually heard someone make the argument that it'll be hard to humanize the Fang because even the ones who may have misgivings are being complacent in the illegal activities and thats not really a recipe for sympathy 

I dont agree, but its interesting someone views it as such

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33569926 - 3 months ago

In reply to Blue-Rose-89

There could also be a group as Ghira suggests, who joined because they don't really know tge White Fang is steadily becoming more and more radicalized.

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33569929 - 3 months ago

In reply to HunterBlaine

I think that applies to the Vale branch, but the White Fang has several autonomous cells, who could have various policies and influence.

• lionblaze77

lionblaze77

#33569947 - 3 months ago

In reply to SAmaster

See I never believed that. People were saying that because those two guys said the Vale branch was radicalized that the rest of the Fang was separated into different branches that might not be as bad. But to me, it felt like those two guys were just saying that to Ghira to persuade him that they weren't the enemy. They lied about plenty else in that conversation, and they even seem to be working with Adam, so why would people believe that one part of the conversation was true? From what I can tell, the entire White Fang is radicalized under the current leadership of Sienna and the others. It even sounds like he/she is working with Salem's group.

• Sonicxben

Sonicxben FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33569955 - 3 months ago

In reply to lionblaze77  Not quite, but maybe.  I think the Vale branch (including the fox twins) are loyal to Salem and her faction while the rest of the White Fang are being blackmailed to working for Salem's as well.  Salem blatantly said in Ep. 1 that 'Adam is loyal.  Make sure Sienna Khan feels the same way.'  So the White Fang are largely independent, but all the WF in Vale work for Salem.  The twins are working for Adam as well, and persuading others that they are different so they can continue operating without interference.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33569960 - 3 months ago

In reply to lionblaze77

Agreed 

From my phone 

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33569980 - 3 months ago

In reply to lionblaze77

In reply to SAmaster

I find it hard to believe every single member of the Fang is radicalized. There are probably members who don't agree with the current direction, or those who simply don't know better. In any case, if Blake is to form her own group, there will be Faunus willing to side with her against Adam.

In reply to Blue-Rose-89

Humanized, at least in part. An internal clash would be inevitable, since not all the Fang members will abandon Adam.

• lionblaze77

lionblaze77

#33570026 - 3 months ago

In reply to FettucCR

Oh well of course every single individual member isn't going to like what's going on and be radicalized. I'm just saying that the organization as a whole is.

I'm sure there are a ton of members that don't like what's going on, but are still in because they are scared to leave and "in too deep". I mean, we saw what happened to deserters.

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33570033 - 3 months ago

In reply to lionblaze77

True. That is why I hope Blake will form a parallel organization to fight Adam. 

• Blue-Rose-89

Blue-Rose-89

#33570039 - 3 months ago

In reply to FettucCR

What would her group be called? White Fang 2.0? Black Fang? 

I saw someone deciding to call Adam's faction the 'Red Fang'. I won't lie it's got a nice ring to it.

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33570043 - 3 months ago

In reply to Blue-Rose-89

"Black Fang" would be cool.

• ImmaThinkin

ImmaThinkin

#33570054 - 3 months ago

In reply to FettucCR

Yeah, because nothing says ferocious like severe tooth decay.

• Blue-Rose-89

Blue-Rose-89

#33570148 - 3 months ago

In reply to ImmaThinkin

How about "Black Claw"?

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33570167 - 3 months ago

In reply to ImmaThinkin

I hadn't thought of it that way, and now I can't get the image out of my head. Thank you veeeery much.

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33570301 - 3 months ago

In reply to Blue-Rose-89

Exactly. Think about what color Blake is associated with.

In reply to Sonicxben

Salem only recently co-opted the White Fang, and is still in the middle of doing so.

In reply to lionblaze77

Because Ghira, being the former head, would know of the entire White Fang were radicalized. The way they refer to the White Fang when Blake shows up suggests the Menagerie branch is pretty mundane, they refer to him in the same context as the milkman. 

Additionally Terrorist organizations are usually organized in cells to maintain flexibility and in case a leader is assassinated.

• MKLN

MKLN

#33570684 - 3 months ago

In reply to SAmaster

Yeah but the WF is represented by the twin fox in Menagerie. All Ghira knows now is through what they tell him, so former chief or not, as long as he doesn't leave Kuo Kuana he won't have any idea what's going on.

• Blue-Rose-89

Blue-Rose-89

#33570711 - 3 months ago

Did we ever learn why Ghira stepped down as the leader of the White Fang?

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33570722 - 3 months ago

In reply to MKLN

Remember until recently they had the internet.

• sataness

sataness FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33570732 - 3 months ago

In reply to Blue-Rose-89

One of the Albain twins said something to the effect that he stepped down to become chieftain. I imagine wrangling the organisation of all of Menagerie as well as WF would be faaar too many responsibilities for most people to want to take on.

In reply to SAmaster

Except they might not have. Seeing as Menagerie isn't considered a Kingdom, it may well be that they don't have CCT infrastructure.