Forums > RWBY

RWBY Volume 4 In-Depth Discussion and Spoilers: Finale Week

Posts (20262)

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold He who is found yet lost

#33542365 - 6 days ago

In reply to Bumblebee4life

They will complain no matter what if they are going to complain about a JOKE blog they are going to complain about ANYTHING.

In reply to SAmaster

I am not re-opening this but I disagree so hard they really DONT make any sense.

• Bumblebee4life

Bumblebee4life

#33542373 - 6 days ago

In reply to revanninja

The only way I could think to stop them would be to exile them from the FNDM but they'll probably still retaliate.  

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold He who is found yet lost

#33542375 - 6 days ago

In reply to Bumblebee4life

They think they ARE the FNDM they think their views are the only ones in it.

Yes Jaune isnt perfect but he isnt the..THING they present him as. 

These are the people who got up in arms over the preview image showing Jaune slightly in front of Ruby.

They hadnt even SEEN the episode and him being present on the preview image just about made them lose it.

• ImmaThinkin

ImmaThinkin

#33542380 - 6 days ago

In reply to revanninja

kinda like SJWs reacting to... well, at this point, anything, amirite?

• revanninja

#33542390 - 6 days ago

In reply to ImmaThinkin

No because at least on a level SJW have some reason for it even if its blown so badly out of proportion it bares little semblance to what they are speaking.

The Jaune haters flat out create false stuff.

For example I had one tell me Jaune forced Pyrrha to take him as her partner.

tumblr_mrlp2vM6Q11qg304ho2_r1_400.gif

Because this is clearly Pyrrha being forced.

• SAmaster

SAmaster FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33542391 - 6 days ago

In reply to revanninja

I'm of the belief that SJWs are an imaginary problem. Annoying, yes, but their are far more fiendish sorts to be found on the interwebs.

• HunterBlaine

HunterBlaine FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33542394 - 6 days ago

In reply to revanninja

Theres some criticisms I can see. I may not agree but i get where their coming from at least. The forced partner thing I do not get AT ALL.

• revanninja

#33542401 - 5 days ago

In reply to HunterBlaine

There is some no question but much of it is so blown out of the water its not even funny. I just dont get it to be honest.

And i would REALLY like them to stop posting in the Jaune Arc Tumblr sections there is a sub section specifically for RWDE crap like that but they just dont care.

• HunterBlaine

HunterBlaine FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33542406 - 5 days ago

In reply to revanninja

Like I had someone mention he feels Jaune isn't progressing as fast as the others as far as personal development etc goes. I dont personally agree, but THAT is a fair critical remark at least.

• revanninja

#33542417 - 5 days ago

In reply to HunterBlaine

Its hard to say but that is fair. Some of the stuff I have seen is not and not even close.

• Blue-Rose-89

Blue-Rose-89

#33542429 - 5 days ago

In reply to HunterBlaine

Jaune Arc is be damned if do and be damned if don't.

If Jaune gets any development he's "stealing the spotlight" from Ruby (who also needs development but that's another story). If Jaune doesn't get development he's accused of being "just there".

He's also blamed for the most ridiculous things. The most notable example is when he failed in his job to guard the entrance while Pyrrha was going through the Aura transfer. Yes he had one job but to be fair he never really had a chance because:

a) It's Cinder. Do you honestly think that Jaune had a fighting chance with her? With straight face, tell me that Jaune Arc has a chance in fighting a Half-Maiden Cinder Fall. My answer: No!

b) His reaction to hearing Pyrrha in pain is normal and human for a guy in his position. If I heard someone I care about screaming in pain behind my back I wouldn't be able ignore it, duty or not. I'm certain that if Jaune had guarded the entrance and fought Cinder without a problem he would be accused of being a horrible human for ignoring Pyrrha's screams and a Gary Stu for winning the fight. 

• SAmaster

SAmaster FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33542434 - 5 days ago

In reply to Blue-Rose-89

To be fair I think the scene may have been better if say he did guard the two, made a poain't of standing up to Cinder only to show he's massively outclassed. That said I agree with your sentiment.

• revanninja

#33542437 - 5 days ago

In reply to Blue-Rose-89

Also adding onto that Jaune wasnt told a thing about what was going on. Jaune was just told guard here and then suddenly hears his partner scream.

People are WAY too hard and the sad par if you took him out of RWBY and placed him in ANY other anime people would LOVE him they would consider him the dorky character you watch become the master sort of thing.

Much like Deku from Boku no Hero academia 

• revanninja

#33542440 - 5 days ago

In reply to SAmaster

SA he did he got blasted back.

When she got the Maiden powers he went after her and she shrugged him to the side like trash.

• HunterBlaine

#33542456 - 5 days ago

In reply to revanninja

I think he means he should have been able to make a stand against Cinder, got blasted THEN when Amber got killed people could say 'well at least he tried to do  something'

• SAmaster

#33542458 - 5 days ago

In reply to HunterBlaine

Yes that.

In reply to revanninja

I mean when she first entered the room.

• revanninja

#33542502 - 5 days ago

In reply to SAmaster

In reply to HunterBlaine

Except the context was he turned around when Pyrrha was screaming and Cinder sneaked attacked it really doesnt work because if Jaune had seen her even a failed attempt at defending would have given Oz enough time to react.

• HunterBlaine

#33542506 - 5 days ago

In reply to revanninja

Yeah, I agree.

Really Jaune is damned if he does or damned if he doesn't with that crowd. Im convinced the only way he can win ANY of those people over is if he gets to take out a decent-level villain

• Ashandarei22

Ashandarei22

#33542507 - 5 days ago

I really don't get it. Jaune has a mostly believable character arc and his reactions fit him. While he probably has some amazing semblance (which you could say was very tropey....but what ISN'T anymore?) I think he's a really good character for the show. Just baffles me to think anyone think he's bad, but whatever that's their opinion. I wouldn't let it get to ya.

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33542520 - 5 days ago

In reply to Blue-Rose-89

"The writers have stated---"

And this is what makes me not see it as reliable.

• revanninja

#33542537 - 5 days ago

In reply to Ashandarei22

In reply to HunterBlaine

For that crowd even taking out a high level boss and showing a deep conflicted background that explains a LOT of his issues wont win them over.

I had one try to use well its televised so of course Jaune would know about Aura. When does tv make you know anything? Does the fact Baseball basketball football volleyball and so on means you know about how it works. Some people dont know the rules or how it works they just watch the game so Televised matches doesnt mean a thing 

Especially the village before shion mentioned Coverage was spotty BEFORE Beacons fall meaning its entirely possible Jaune didnt have access to them.

We ourselves went over this in discussion back during super bowl and people assuming if its on TV you know the rules and what not.

And that also assumes Jaune would be enamored by it, When Jaune comes across as the person who likes the profession and what it means instead of the display. IE being a hero and protecting others. 

Now dont get me wrong Jaune has flaws and issues but they are minor ones and out of them all he really is the most like us character.

The issue is people who think they are being fair to him arent and take some of his stuff in super negative ways. For example one was saying Jaune when talking to Ozpin right before he is launched was him weasling out of it. When no its obvious Jaune is confused and is trying to figure this out.

Or jaune should have realized how out of his depth he was and stepped off the plate. When there is no way to know that till you are in it and also I dont think jaune realized what the plates where doing as he was talking to Ozpin.

• SAmaster

#33542542 - 5 days ago

In reply to Ashandarei22

It's because he's been in the middle of RWBY's poorer writing.

In the beginning fans couldn't get enough of Jaune. His bumbling nature contrasted very well with everyone else making him stand out. And we were expecting a lot of badassery out of him in the vein of Licenseless Rider.

Unfortunately we got the Jaune Arc. Which was good, it's problem was timing. The show had just entered its halfway mark, we felt we barely knew RWBY or the world at this point. And we are waiting a week between five minute episodes, and have to sit through some pretty standard writing not about RWBY for eight episodes. 

The Jaune Arc would have fairer much better had it been delayed. For one my contention is Jaune angsts about being the comedic relief. The problem being setting that so early in the show, Jaunes spent hardly any time being the comedic relief, making his angsting come across as a lot of whining. Plus it paints him in a negative light, i forget the exact reasoning for why, but it has some teeth to it. Unfortunately we just hadn't seen enough of the Jaune we like to counteract that.

Then we get into the whole love triangle business that nobody on any side liked. Arkos shippers want Jaune to stop bugging Weiss. Weiss fans want Jaune to stop bugging Weiss. We know what will happen it's all high-school shenigans we've seen before, and it's detracting from the cooler stuff that's happening in the show. 

This one-two punch is what I think cast such a heavy shadow on his character.

In reply to revanninja

Again I agree with that reasoning. I am just of the opinion that while that scene was good, the alternative I proposed would have been cooler and gone over better.

• HunterBlaine

#33542546 - 5 days ago

In reply to revanninja

I will say though if he comes from a warrior lineage like we've speculated you'd think he would have at least HEARD of Aura at some point like maybe from his dad or grandfather. That one I do agree with, knowing what we do now him being completely clueless doesn't make a lot of sense.

• SAmaster

#33542555 - 5 days ago

In reply to HunterBlaine

My guess is that while the Arcs do have a warrior lineage, they've by and large just become an ordinary civilian family by this point.

• Ashandarei22

Ashandarei22

#33542593 - 5 days ago

In reply to revanninja

In reply to Ashandarei22
    In reply to HunterBlaine

For that crowd even taking out a high level boss and showing a deep conflicted background that explains a LOT of his issues wont win them over.

Best part of that is I don't give two shits if I win them over :)

In reply to SAmaster

In reply to HunterBlaine

My guess is that while the Arcs do have a warrior lineage, they've by and large just become an ordinary civilian family by this point.

Yea, that's what I was going to say. It's possibly been a long time since the war and maybe the shifted to being farmers/etc and just keep the old family relics as heirlooms.