Forums > RWBY

Create a character for RWBY

Posts (80158)

• Angelus987

Angelus987 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Archangel of Prowess

#33570118 - 6 days ago

Hey guys, I'd like some help with allusions if anyone's good at them. 

Does anyone know of a Female master/gentleman (woman?) thief?

I've decided to start my story with a chapter introducing the first villain. First this villains allusion was going to be Bluebeard, however that allusion fit another character so well that I changed it to theirs. Then I decided to change the first villain to a woman, so that she would have an even greater differences between her and Roman, since I don't want the two being essentially the same character.

She's an information broker who deals in information on members of high society. She's also a very, very good thief, but she only does this for fun, not for profit.

Oh, and she also has her two twin bodyguards who's allusions are Dumb and dumber/the Krays. They're pretty handy with their knuckle 'dust'-ers.XD

I mean I could go with Arsene Sirius, but I'm not too sure. So does anyone have any other suggestions?

• MoonCousin

MoonCousin

#33570123 - 6 days ago

In reply to Angelus987

Ching Shih. Chinese i think. One of the worlds most successful female pirates. Not exactly a thief but close-ish.

Locusta. A notorious poison mixer from Ancient Rome who manipulated and assassinated a s**t-ton of people. working for tons of rulers and even poisoning most of them when she found a better deal. Condemned to die after Nero's execution.

Those are two examples of the top of my head.

• likemice

likemice FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold MoPaD

#33570151 - 6 days ago

In reply to Angelus987

Also you could always genderbend if you can't find a female thief to fit your liking.

• PaulHikari

PaulHikari

#33570153 - 6 days ago

In reply to Angelus987

You could try Grace O'Malley, should you choose.

In reply to likemice

Well, that's what I did for Aqua and Azura, seeing as I couldn't think of a female answer to The Prince and the Pauper.

• DisneyDCFan

DisneyDCFan FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Ace of Hearts

#33570154 - 6 days ago

In reply to likemice

That's what I did with Myuna. She's inspired by Captain Hook :p 

• likemice

likemice FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold MoPaD

#33570163 - 6 days ago

In reply to PaulHikari

In reply to DisneyDCFan

Surprisingly, I don't think I've genderbent any of my allusions up to this point. Granted, many of my characters don't have allusions to begin with...

• Bainbow

Bainbow FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Nuclear Fusion

#33570186 - 6 days ago

In reply to Angelus987

THE GREY FOX! Ahem, I mean Son’ka the Golden Hand springs to mind, I always loved the use of deceit in her thefts. Rather than going for the sneaky sneak thief, she went Charisma Build and pretty much just tricked people into letting her steal shit, and when she did go all sneaky sneak she did it in such a fun way such as training a small monkey to swallow precious gems while she distracted the jeweler, then getting the jewels out of the monkey later on.

• GendoPoser

GendoPoser

#33570188 - 6 days ago

Thinking of going with the name Daniel D'leon. Its a play on dandelion. 

I was going to just make it Dan, but that has always sounded more like a nickname than a actual name. Figured the name still works because it sounds sorta like dandelion.

• RoseMaryM

RoseMaryM FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold PYREverse Artist

#33570192 - 6 days ago

In reply to GendoPoser

Oh hey, another Character who is a play on Dandelion.

Mine is: Dan D'Lune, and their Symbol is a Crescent Dandelion (Because it's also a play on the word moon)

wus0THa.jpg

In which I should probably re-design my OG RWBY Team.

• GendoPoser

GendoPoser

#33570194 - 6 days ago

In reply to RoseMaryM 

Great minds think alike, do they not? Lol

• RoseMaryM

RoseMaryM FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold PYREverse Artist

#33570196 - 6 days ago

In reply to GendoPoser

Yes exactly!! I"m looking forward to reading about your chararcter once you finish them ;v;

• GendoPoser

GendoPoser

#33570199 - 6 days ago

In reply to RoseMaryM 

Copied from a previous post.

They'd be a 3rd year student at one of the schools, and fit the jerk with a heart of gold trope. Basically a male tsundere. His character would be that of trope(s) known as The Ace/Broken Ace; he'd have all the skill, looks, or charisma that anybody would want or need, and he'd brag about it. A lot. However, he fears failing or making a mistake in anything he does. This would stem from him having a strong desire to please his parents, as they hold his older sister in such high regard, yet pay little to no attention to him due to the fact that he lost his arms in a freak accident as a child. They see him as a failure (they think he can't live up to the family's tradition of becoming a strong hunter if he's handicapped), thus he grows up desperately trying to receive their approval. Because of this, he works hard to achieve greatness. Gender is obviously male. Arrogant as shit, a bit prideful, but is a kind person underneath all the bragging and being an ass. 

• Malochroma

Malochroma FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Treenerd Hugger

#33570200 - 6 days ago

Yo, quick heads up, Deadline Hell is real and it has sunken its claws into me something fierce, so I'm prrrrobably gonna be scarce these next two weeks while I crunch time the heck out of this animation.

(Have this MAP part star a character with floofy hair and a flowy dress, I said, what's the worst that could happen, I said.)

• GendoPoser

GendoPoser

#33570208 - 6 days ago

He's cocky, prideful, and can make anyone not willing to look past his negative traits for the positive ones hate him so easily, it's almost a skill of his. His weapons are throwing knives, which he keeps in a set of prosthetic arms.

He is highly adept in throwing knives. He also uses a self taught martial arts style that makes use of his throwing knife skills. 

• Monodramatic

Monodramatic

#33570211 - 6 days ago

In reply to Malochroma

Mal's gonna be scares. How spooky.

(Can't wait to see what you make, though. It should be great~)

• Malochroma

Malochroma FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Treenerd Hugger

#33570213 - 6 days ago

In reply to Monodramatic

Hahaha typo what typo there are no typos here nope >_>

• Monodramatic

Monodramatic

#33570216 - 6 days ago

In reply to Malochroma

My bad, I'm just crazy ;3

• Angelus987

Angelus987 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Archangel of Prowess

#33570227 - 6 days ago

In reply to Bainbow

Oh she looks fun. Well thank you my good sir, I think I've found my allusion.

And it also gives me a calling card for her, golden gloves. XD

• Bainbow

Bainbow FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Nuclear Fusion

#33570228 - 6 days ago

In reply to Angelus987

Glad I could be of service. 

• Bainbow

#33570232 - 6 days ago

In reply to Kraysus

in what way is this character based on Romeo? At first, I thought you mean he'd be a passionate man with a sense of theatre/romanticism, but that was out pretty quick. After, I thought he might be a version of Romeo who'd survived the ordeals of his story and was now jaded. In a way, that seems to be what you went with, but I'd like confirmation.

Actually from what I've read of the character, Roza perfectly mimics the character arc of Romeo only in reverse. While Roza begins all developed and shit, only to descend into social problems over time following the loss of his partner, Romeo classic began with heavy social problems (namely he was a fucking moron whose attempts to imitate Petrarchan lovers leaves him with the romantic ability of the fungal growth on my brother's big toe) but developed into somebody who would actually listen to other people and fit the bill of a proper heroic character after getting to know his partner. Take the mini-review I gave to Mono over PMs in which I listed all the ways Roza mirrors Romeo's character.

always convinced that whatever path he's chosen to take is the only one right for him

This matches very heavily with Romeo in the first half of the narrative in which he's constantly under the impression that he should act in the style of the Petrarchan Lover, despite the constant advice to the contrary from various other characters such as Mercutio as well as the constant signs he's given that he's wrong to act in such a way such as Rosa's rejection of him, even when told to his face that he'd be better suited acting in a more social manner he refuses to accept that belief and maintains the Petrarchan mindset for a large chunk of the narrative, only shifting to a more actually romantic mindset after a lot of influence and prompting from Juliet.
    The man actively rejects the influence of others

See above, same reason.
    He has no desire to fit into some kind of hierarchy, having long since abandoned the one he was born into.

Defies his parents in order to court Juliet. At the cost of his inheritance.
    and does not entertain the idea of having superiors

Defies the law and direct word of the monarchy in killing Tybalt.
    Ever since then, the man has refused to let others decide what he can and can't do.

See previous two comments.
    On the surface, this mindset has given birth to a certain arrogance, an outward cockiness

Again, the time spent in the early half of the narrative as the model Petrarchan Lover and his refusal to accept the word or advice of other, far more experienced and knowledgeable characters such as Mercutio.
    the death of his former partner, the inciting event that lead to Roza's departure

He was in this Petrarchan mindset when not influenced by his partner Juliet, makes sense that your Roza would undergo a similar development in reverse through the loss of his partner contrasting Romeo developing through gaining his partner.
    and doesn't shy away from the occasional verbal spar

Is a Shakespeare character, even the generic dumbass mooks are god-tier verbal combatants in his writings, so deep as his prose. Let alone the intelligent characters such as Romeo.
    To many, Roza is defined by his apparent smugness, something which shows in his work ethics: Roza is far from ashamed of his constant advertisement, and his prices definitely lean towards the more costly side of things.

The Montagues are rich as hell fuckers and Romeo is part of the actual main family unit rather than a manservant of any kind.
    That might be because Roza is more than willing to tackle some of the shadier jobs Remnant has to offer

Dude defies the law, goes into exile, does a fair amount of shady shit.
    walking the fine line between mercenary and criminal on several occasions. He's definitely partaken in his fair share of robberies and vandalism.He literally kills Tybalt in cold blood, the inciting act for his exile.
    often coming across as rebellious

He actively fights against and defies the social order of his time.
    But Roza isn't a murderer

Kills Tybalt, but only after Tybalt himself gleefully murders Romeo's dear friend, making it a revenge killing which did not count as murder during that time period (though it had been very recently outlawed) and gives Romeo the moral high ground in this regard.
    Roza also displays a clear hatred for vigilantes and heroicism.

Playing the angle of the character arc Romeo underwent himself but in reverse, whereas Romeo began as an idealist and idiot for it and grew into a more realistic and heroic individual through the influence of Juliet, Roza quite interestingly begins more heroic and falls into a more cynical, realistic, and anti-heroic character through the loss of his Juliet.
    Roza opts to just live in his own world. 

Again, the Petrarchan Lover concept, lives in his own little world regardless of what reality keeps trying to tell him.

Sorry for the double post, but the literature student in me had to be sated.

• Monodramatic

Monodramatic

#33570242 - 6 days ago

In reply to Bainbow

S'what I do

• Angelus987

#33570246 - 6 days ago

In reply to Bainbow

Daaayum. And here I was also confused as to how the character was related to Romeo. Nice work.

• Bainbow

#33570251 - 6 days ago

In reply to Angelus987

People tend to misunderstand Romeo due to his reputation as a great romantic hero. Truth is, he fell into the trappings of the Petrarchan Lover a lot during the first half of the story, which Shakespeare portrayed as a really dumb thing. Seriously, y'know that famous balcony scene where he makes a big eloquent speech? Yeah most people tend to gloss over the fact that it ends with Juliet telling him "yo shut the fuck up, fucking moron." I... may be paraphrasing the dialogue a tad.

• Kraysus

Kraysus FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33570254 - 6 days ago

In reply to Bainbow

Well holy damn. Nice.

• Angelus987

#33570259 - 6 days ago

In reply to Bainbow

I don't care, that's damn hillarious! Paraphrasing for the win!