Forums > RWBY

Create a character for RWBY

Posts (82652)

• GenErick64

GenErick64 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Senkan Aficionado

#33548941 - 3 months ago

In reply to AlbionBard

Yeah sorry, I guess I hung a little too hard on MatPat's words

• LukePrather

LukePrather

#33548944 - 3 months ago

In reply to ThePhoenixRisen Yup, but im having trouble implementing that whole "One takes their place the second they die" into a semblance.

• GenErick64

GenErick64 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Senkan Aficionado

#33548946 - 3 months ago

In reply to LukePrather

Disposable clones?

• Capcans2

Capcans2

#33548947 - 3 months ago

In reply to LukePrather

Maybe a clone semblance that can only activate when he takes significant damage (or just any damage)? 

Would make some opponents think twice before trying to immediately take out the support.

• LukePrather

LukePrather

#33548950 - 3 months ago

In reply to GenErick64 Hmm, well even though i wouldnt make the scale as big as 10,000, maybe the semblance allows them to create a number of clones that switch places with them before they get harmed? But the cost is that each switch would cost the clones life and a some aura? Plus the clones would require a large sum of aura to be made since they are basically exact replicas in a sense? Kinda like flints semblance.

• ThePhoenixRisen

ThePhoenixRisen

#33548951 - 3 months ago

In reply to LukePrather

Hmmm well I suppose you could always rip off the whole naruto shadow clone deal.

Maybe you could do a deal where you create afterimages when you move with your movements giving the "impression" that there is a bunch of you.

Or perhaps you could do an illusion type semblance where every time you get hit by an attack the person that hits you starts seeing more of you, I mean they aren't really there, but to the person that hit you, it looks like there is and the more times they hit you the more of you appear in their eyes.

• Angelus987

Angelus987 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Archangel of Prowess

#33548952 - 3 months ago

In reply to AlbionBard

Yeah, I literally face desked when I saw that. Matpat seriously, Viking shields were damn good. Arrows wouldn't just kill them outright.

• LukePrather

LukePrather

#33548953 - 3 months ago

In reply to ThePhoenixRisen 

In reply to Capcans2  

Well i think itd be better if they where tangible clones since it would allow them to rain down more than one arrow and as a last ditch effort they could expend all their aura to create a large number of clones so they could literally blot out the sun with arrows.

• Angelus987

Angelus987 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Archangel of Prowess

#33548954 - 3 months ago

In reply to AlbionBard

Y'know, all this talk of ancient warriors has reminded me of a question that I was never able to quite answer myself.

Al, how familiar are you with Roman military equipment? If you are, then which in your opinion is the better shield?

The Scutum or the Skouton?

• ThePhoenixRisen

ThePhoenixRisen

#33548955 - 3 months ago

In reply to LukePrather

Hmm I don't know then haha, not sure how you would go about that besides ripping off naruto, I suppose maybe you could have a semblance where you can make physical clones of yourself, but you'd have to have a cost or something to not make it overpowered like you can make clones but you have to sacrifice aura for each clone to do it or something. *shrugs*

• LukePrather

LukePrather

#33548956 - 3 months ago

In reply to ThePhoenixRisen I stated that it would consume aura...thats kinda what most semblances do. Creating an almost perfect clone of ones self would kinda take a lot of aura, plus itd cost a lot of aura of that clone to take your place just before getting hit.

• Capcans2

Capcans2

#33548957 - 3 months ago

In reply to LukePrather

Well of course they would be tangible.

Now you got yourself a super move :)

• ThePhoenixRisen

ThePhoenixRisen

#33548958 - 3 months ago

In reply to LukePrather

O did you? Sorry I didn't notice that when I read the semblance idea lol /= Yeah that's true, I suppose maybe you give your character the ability to make weaker and stronger clones and they would cost different amounts of aura based on that, would give you the choice between quality clones and mass produced ones for cannon fodder, distraction etc.

• LukePrather

LukePrather

#33548959 - 3 months ago

In reply to Capcans2 Originally i planned for all these characters to have a last ditch effort type semblance that could result in their death. Originally the Samurai's semblance was going to be stabbing themselves with their sword and drawing on power from their past ancestors who put their aura/soul into the blade. This would result in the Samurai gaining an Oni like appearance and a huge power boost. But once the boost was over they would need immediate medical attention. The Knight had a semblance that basically forced both him and his opponent into an honorable duel to the death that couldn't be interfered with and all damage sustained during this duel couldnt be deflected by aura meaning you get hit your getting hurt. Buy Jy was nice enough to tell me the flaws of these semblances and i ended up changing them.

• AlbionBard

AlbionBard FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33548960 - 3 months ago

In reply to Angelus987

Roman stuff is an area i don't know much about honestly, I had to look up those sheilds, in honesty as while i know the designs the names did not immediately come into my memory.

I'd call them very subjective, Skouton is what i'd pick if i was fighting one on one, certainly, but the scutum is by far the better formation shield.

• Angelus987

#33548963 - 3 months ago

In reply to AlbionBard

Fair enough.

I never understood why the Romans changed their equipment so drastically, except cost of course. I just wondered if there was some advantage to the Skouton that I couldn't see.

• ThePhoenixRisen

ThePhoenixRisen

#33548968 - 3 months ago

In reply to Angelus987

Probably to suit the different environments they were in and enemies they fought as some of their equipment probably wouldn't be fit for fighting i dense forests or mountainous terrain, like wise in open area's they'd probably want to use their more heavier equipment etc.

Same reason most armies change up equipment to suit the environment and enemy they are fighting in and with and probably also just to test newer gear and see how it fairs in combat conditions vs older battle proven equipment.

• LukePrather

LukePrather

#33548969 - 3 months ago

So you all think the Gladiator would be best for my team judging by the current line up i have for the other members?

• ThePhoenixRisen

ThePhoenixRisen

#33548973 - 3 months ago

In reply to LukePrather

It's an interesting choice, you have versatility at least since they used everything from flails, axes, swords and even tridents and nets. Go for it.

• Capcans2

Capcans2

#33548981 - 3 months ago

Alright, so I've had another team planned for quite a while and I really want to get this guy out there and started. However, I haven't been feeling well lately, probably due to being down an eye as well as lots of college work, so I've been struggling to write out this guys story and personality in the way I want to. It's a bit like artist's block I guess. So I've arranged his personality into key parts and notes until I can fully write it out. But here you go.

Name: Darcul Sumbra

Race: Human

Color: Dark Colors (Brown and Black)

Aura Color: Maroon

Team: S_ _ _

Allusion: Dracula

Name Meaning: "Darcul" is the name Dracul switched around to sound like Darkul. Dracul comes from the name Vlad Dracul, who was the father of Vlad Dracula (who inspired the popular character of the same name). "Sumbra" is a tiny mix between the Spanish word sombra (which means shadow), and it's Latin root umbra (which means the same thing). The full name "Darcul Sumbra" is a reference to Dark Shadows, a Gothic soap opera that became well-known for the character of Barnabas Collins, who was a vampire.

Appearance: Long, wavy dark hair framing a handsome face. Light mustache and goatee. Sharp hazel eyes that stare straight into your soul. Stands at 5'11" with lightly tanned skin. Dark coat with light brown trim and accents. White poet shirt tucked into dark brown khakis. Black boots.

Story: (Coming Soon)

Personality:

Charismatic

• Both natural and boosted by semblance.
    • People can't help but feel drawn to him.
    • Helps gets him out of trouble (and sometimes danger).
    • Slightly unnatural, he could make a person do anything he wished. Borders on being dangerous.

Roguish/Adventurer

• Enjoys excitement and the sense of adventure.
    • He has a fair share of escapades and tight spots, most of which he likes to retell at parties/celebrations/meals.
    • Bit of a trickster.

Theatrical/Dramatic/Confident

• Goes hand in hand with his sense of adventure.
    • As said before, he enjoys retelling his stories among crowds of eager listeners.
    • The slightly dramatic nature has been known to annoy his team.
    • Over-confident, and believes that he can get out of any situation.

Family Relations

• His mother was very loving and caring towards him, Darcul cherishes his memories with her.
    • His father was a bit distant, but there was a feeling of respect and pride as Darcul grew up.
    • Darcul is very protective and caring towards Atsu, who grew up in Darcul's shadow. In return, Atsu understands that Darcul didn't want to be a favorite child, and harbors no ill towards him.

Hidden Maliciousness

• No matter how much he hides it with his charisma or semblance, every once in a while there will be a shift in his demeanor
    • Fights brutally against true enemies or those who manage to piss him off, sometimes even cruelly.
    • Brief instances of surprising anger.
    • Light hints that he has abused his semblance before.
    • An air of superiority/vanity.
    • This maliciousness is not his "true personality", but rather all the anger and rage that he holds back in an attempt to retain an image.

Weapons/Equipment:

Wallachia - Elegant straight sword that has been passed down through his family. Mythril blade engraved with religious text. Stylish gold guard.

Gravity and Wind Dust infused cloak, pants, and boots - Allows Darcul to walk on walls and ceilings just by lightly activating his aura. With the addition of Wind Dust to the equation, Darcul can effortlessly glide short distances and move through the air with monstrous speed. On the ground, the Wind Dust makes Darcul all the much faster and evasive. However, this ability shouldn't be confused with flying; in order to glide or dart through the air, Darcul must create the base movement himself, whether its jumping or launching off from a surface.

Ice-Dust crystal rings - In hand to hand combat, hitting unprotected areas of skin will cause a cold numbness to set in. This effect is only temporary, but can easily turn the tides in close quarters.

Semblance: Psychic Prowess - Darcul was born blessed with physic talent, but when his semblance activated, these skills increased exponentially. Ever since, Darcul has trained himself and slowly mastered the art of mental manipulation. His abilities include reading minds, influencing the thoughts and feelings of others, increasing a person's susceptibility to suggestion. At peak performance, Darcul can inflict a feverish or addled mental state on his opponent.

While Darcul's psychic prowess is extremely powerful both on and off the field, as well as not needing to eat up aura to run, it still has it's weaknesses. Concussions or heavy blows to the head can hinder Darcul's power, and while rare, "loud" thoughts can drown out other "quiet" thoughts, making it hard for Darcul to get a mental read.

Combat: Darcul is an accomplished swordsman and experienced hand to hand fighter. His semblance lets him get into his opponents mind and know their every move before they make it, along with understanding their fighting style and potential weaknesses. Darcul's fighting style focuses on speed and overwhelming attacks, which is complimented by his equipment's movement capabilities.  

Thoughts and even reviews are welcome. I know it doesn't seem like much right now, but this is only until I can really get a good writing session in.

• ThePhoenixRisen

ThePhoenixRisen

#33548989 - 3 months ago

In reply to Capcans2

Sounds pretty interesting physic Dracula with a short or long sword. I especially like the dust woven into his clothing I'm doing something similar with my character ^^.

I like what I see ^^. I'd love to fight you in the OC vs hehe.

• AlbionBard

AlbionBard FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33549011 - 3 months ago

Anywho, in the spirit of Mothering Sunday, I thought i'd introduce you all to one of my OC's mothers.

Harleah Bray, mother of (former) Beacon student Forrest Bray. Enjoy. 

(Oh and to anyone whose read my Ragnarok story, there are elements in the backstory section that might highlight the motives of a certain antagonist)

Name: Harleah "Mother" Bray

Height: 5’1’’

Weight: 123 kilos

Species: Highland cow Faunus (trait, horns)

Hair: deep highland ginger, curly and wild worn down to hips

Eyes: sky blue

Emblem: An artistic celtic knot with a pair of horns on either side.

Affiliation: Formerly Lantern Academy, Current Cheiftess of the Emerald Weald

Outfit: Ankle length, sleeveless dress of plain green grey wool, with a belt and shash of stonewash tartan and a fur mantle, along with a bright green but weather and time faded cloak with her emblem in a bronze badge. all outfit fixtures bronze or brass in colour. no shoes.

Background: Back in the time in the early kingdoms, the Emerald Weald were a clan of faunus living in Vale on the borders of the emerald forest. When the great war came and the Grimm grew more aggressive as they fed on the rage of the world, The original town of the Weald was overrun, causing the survivors to flee and join up with a nearby human village that had suffered the same. Both groups came together and survived as one, in time forming the town of Emerald Combe. all was tell in the down for decades, until the time of the white fang came. As aggression from the fang mounted, tensions between the two halves of the population of Emerald Combe grew and strained until they day they broke in half once more. In the dead of the night, the Faunus just... left.  The majority had been a planned exodus, 50 or more faunus residents leaving under the leadership of Sarako Vangandr to make their way to Menargerie and plead themselves to this new fang. those that remained, who had know of this exodus in the coming and knew that they would not be welcome as a sudden minority population, chose instead to follow the leadership of another.

Harleah Bray was the descendant, the granddaughter to be exact, of the Weald cheiftan who'd originally joined up with the humans and she decided they could and should return to their roots, establishing the Weald once more, in it's original site not 15 miles from the modern town. Building up the wooden walls and building their homes into the treeline, to keep them all the safer from the Grimm, in the decade since the village was refounded it has managed to thrive, especially after what happened to Vanagandr's group; Annihilation. Before they even reached the coast and the ships they hoped to find, the combined fear, angry and other emotions made a cocktail that brewed over and became as blood in the water, drawing in the Grimm. those who survived came into the Weald in the days that followed having been turned away from the Combe, telling of the nightmare that that night had become for those who had followed Sarako, though none knew what had become of the man. Taking to her herditary post with dignity and duty, Harleah has maintained good terms with the humans in the combe, trading supplies and sending the young Faunus to be trained at the town's academy of Lantern, including her own son Forrest, who went to Beacon in the fullness of time, just in time for it to fall to the machinations of CInder Fall. Now her son is home, and the world around her prepares for war. Harleah knows not what she needs to do to keep her clan and her family safe, or even what she must keep them safe from, but aging as she is, Harleah Bray refuses to let this new incarnation of her heritage be snuffed out in but a single generation.

Personality: Harleah is loud, rambuncious, rude, outspoken, crass, scornful, sarcastic and quick to anger. She is also empathetic, loving, sympathetic and supportive. This personality has given many who meet her for the first time a kind of emotional whiplash, but those who get to know her simply know Harleah to be a woman who wears every emotion on her sleeve and cares nothing for who happens to know them or her opinions. She is a quick thinker and an excellent haggler and is generally a lot sharper than people might exact a short, fat, middle aged woman living out in the woods would be, an image she is often happy to play up right until she is in a position to tip her hand and leave them with their foot in their mouth. 

Semblace: Borrowing -When focusing her Semblance sends her mind into an animal and watches the world through its eyes, of riding in it’s mind like an unobtrusive passenger but able to make use of all of it's senses. If she needs to, she can control the animals actions directly, but this often stresses the creature out so she prefers not to if it's not needed. When using this power, she enters a trance like state and her body, for all intents and purposes, becomes unconcious.

• JadeTerraza

JadeTerraza

#33549043 - 3 months ago

In reply to Tuckapenguin

I know I'm a bit late on the reply, but thank you so much for the feedback! I've never really gotten much before and your constructive criticism was very helpful! Thanks so much! :)

• LukePrather

LukePrather

#33549051 - 3 months ago

hey do you guys think that a shield ,similar to Jeans, that collapses into a crossbow would be a good weapon for a knight?

• GenErick64

#33549058 - 3 months ago

In reply to Capcans2

Dang, that's a sharp edge. A dark character you've go there. I'll reserve further judgement until you finish his backstory.

In reply to AlbionBard

"... loud, rambuncious, rude, outspoken, crass, scornful, sarcastic and quick to anger..."

Jeez, did you run out of adjectives?

Well written as you always do. +1