Forums > Art

[CLOSED] FAN ART FRIDAY CONTEST, PRESENTED BY BIGBITE! (ENDS 6/22/16)

Posts (10)

• jamesperrett

jamesperrett FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold BIGBITE

#33230098 - 8 months ago

Fan Art Friday is back! Last week, we got some incredible art from you, and can't wait for you to see the winner this Friday! Just keep your eyes peeled on the front page of RoosterTeeth.com! One of your works of art will be featured in Rooster Teeth Poppycock! Also, be sure to check out BIGBITE.Media for last month's winners and stay tuned to the website to see all of this month's!

Read on for rules, tips, and more!

In order to create more interesting content, we're going to ask that you give us a little background info on each piece, so we can write about it when you win!!! Please copy-paste the following into your entry and fill it out!

• 1. What's your name?
    • 2. Where do you live?
    • 3. What do you do?
    • 4. How did you create this piece?
    • 5. How long did it take?
    • 6. What was your inspiration?

PROTIPS for the best shot at winning:

• Maximize your votes. While getting the most votes does not guarantee victory, you must be in the top 5 to be selected!
    • Enter early (the earliest entries have more time to get votes)!
    • Join and follow the BIGBITE group to get a notification when we launch each new contest!
    • If people liked it, but it didn't win, enter it again!
    • Make sure the post shows up correctly--direct links tended to do far worse than embedded images.
    • Get on your social media accounts and tell your friends to vote for you! Don't forget to give them the direct link to your post. (That's the hyperlink on your post number, kids!)

So, here's the rules (updates in bold):

• Upload your fan art to this thread.
    • Copy and paste the above background info on your piece and fill it out.
    • Need help uploading images here? CLICK HERE.
    • All visual art is welcome (including 3D art/sculpture and cosplay!)
    • One entry per person, per week. If you submit more than one image in a single post, you will be judged on the first image. Multiple images of the same 3D item are permitted.
    • Previous entries may be re-entered, provided they have never won.
    • You may win multiple times, and previously being featured in BIGBITE Magazine does not preclude you from winning.
    • Entries must be received by 11:59PM CST on Wednesday, 6.22.2016
    • The top 5 modded posts will be selected as finalists (read: GO TELL YOUR FRIENDS TO VOTE!)
    • The winner will be selected by BIGBITE and/or RT staff. In the event of a tie in the selection committee vote, the piece with the highest number of mods will be selected.
    • Winner's art will be featured in Fan Art Friday on RoosterTeeth.com, as well as on BIGBITE.media

If you have any questions, shoot me a message.

Good luck, and we'll see you on the front page!

Sincerely,

James Perrett

CEO, BIGBITE Media

Legal crap we should probably say so that nobody gets sued: By entering art in the contest, you certify that this is, indeed, your own work. BIGBITE and Rooster Teeth maintain editorial control of all art, and may deem any work ineligible at their discretion, for any reason. By entering art in the contest, you grant BIGBITE and Rooster Teeth full rights to reproduce and use your art; however, you will receive proper attribution for your work. BIGBITE and Rooster Teeth reserve the right to alter, end, or cancel this contest for any reason at any time, without prior notice.

• Occuli

Occuli FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Spooks

#33230624 - 8 months ago

1559635-1438815058502-ryan.png

• 1. What's your name? Brianna Collins
    • 2. Where do you live? British Columbia, Canada
    • 3. What do you do? Out of many things, Illustration, Graphic design, Seafood clerk, University student, Co-admining of RT New Vancouver
    • 4. How did you create this piece? In Photoshop using my graphics tablet
    • 5. How long did it take? about 15 minutes.
    • 6. What was your inspiration? That video that I forget the name of, but Ryan is cuddling with the FISH!!! Also I wanted practice using a limited colour pallete and a cute wee style haha.
  • HisuiCotton

HisuiCotton FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33230962 - 8 months ago

tumblr_o8s0wwufOY1r050s4o1_1280.jpg

1. What's your name? Jade Garcia

2. Where do you live? Orlando, FL

3. What do you do? I usually draw random things I like and study art, currently I'm trying to get into college.

4. How did you create this piece? I used Paint Tool Sai and started with the Theater Mode logo, I then decided that the best thing to do would be draw turkey as bad as I could while trying to make it look good (in the spirit of theater mode)

5. How long did it take? This took me the length of Thankskilling 3 (1 hour 40 min).

6. What was your inspiration? My inspiration was the fact that Theater Mode sounded like a good idea, and then the first episode came out, and it was as terrible as they said it would be, but for some reason I couldn't stop watching them. It was almost like if I didn't draw something of it, I'd be forced to watch more of it.

• Saintash

Saintash FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Half awake

#33231000 - 8 months ago

crew_zpsh09ovw1p.jpg

• 1. What's your name?

Ashley st.lawrence

• 2. Where do you live?

NJ

• 3. What do you do?

Comic book artist

I bought about a bunch of Halo Avatar Blind bag toys, then set about custom painting/ modifying them with my Repaint/modify toy tools

around 3 weeks for the set to be finished, about 3 hours on each, some less some more.

The fact that i really really for years wanted a set of Rvb figures and it just looks like a thing RT was never going to to make.

• ToraKU

ToraKU FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33231405 - 8 months ago

bIJ4FWc.jpg

1. What's your name? Erin Maloney

2. Where do you live? Rhode Island

3. What do you do? I work two part time jobs while I try to figure out what I want to do with my life. I'm currently trying to find work editing videos but so far haven't had much luck.

4. How did you create this piece? I used a mechanical pencil, my sketch book and my fingers to do the shadows.

5. How long did it take? It took me around an hour and a half.

6. What was your inspiration? Well I was bored and I really love Jeremy's new hair so I decided to try a new art style than what I normally draw based on the picture he posted on instagram when he first got his hair done. Turns out I love drawing portraits.

• SeanL_SLG

SeanL_SLG

#33231481 - 8 months ago

tumblr_o8z38goCzi1uy076to1_540.png

• 1. What's your name? Sean Lane
    • 2. Where do you live? Oregon
    • 3. What do you do? Well, I'm currently in college studying business but I also draw and create art, mainly fanart right now of what I like (including Rooster Teeth, Team Four Star, and NicoB)
    • 4. How did you create this piece? I drew the rough sketch out on paper, scanned it, then traced it out and colored it on Sketchbook Express
    • 5. How long did it take? I believe it took around a total of 3 hours, give or take
    • 6. What was your inspiration?So, last month Captain America Civil War came out, and sometime after I watched it, I thought to myself; What if RWBY characters were dressed as the Civil War characters, and who would they be? And if that, I started to think it out.Here we have Team Captain Rose.(from left to right)Qrow was chosen to be Hawkeye due to both being great shots and a bit cocky (though Qrow’s drinking could make him a good Tony)Neptune is Ant-Man/Giant-Man because, well, the goggles. Also being afraid of water and water drowns ants and allI decided to make Reese Falcon mainly because she has her hover-board which is the closest thing to flying.Captain Rose here (Ruby being Captain America) is because they’re the main characters of their respected show/movie, and because of, who’s next.Yang being the Winter Soldier is because 1. they both lost arms (course opposite arms but still) 2. because they were blamed for something they didn’t do, and 3. because it just felt rightLastly, Pyrrha is the Scarlet Witch not because of her colors, but because they were both accidentally started the war (in a sense, Wanda accidentally killed people in Wakanda, Pyrrha accidentally killed Penny)Anyways, enjoy, hope you like it. My personal favorites here are Yang, Ruby, and Pyrrha.Check back for Team Stark Wood
  • irlkurapika

irlkurapika

#33232078 - 8 months ago

Capture.png

• 1. What's your name?
    • Aron
    • 2. Where do you live?
    • Sydney, Australia
    • 3. What do you do?
    • I'm a student, I make art and stuff as a hobby
    • The original sketch on a bit of spare paper and then drawn digitally on my iPhone 5
    • From original sketch to the end here about 6 hours over 2 days
    • I recently got to watch connected and this was one of the shots and i thought it looked super cool
  • eggzacklee

eggzacklee

#33232473 - 8 months ago

TpXA1MY.png

1. What is your name?

Zackary Lee

2. Where do you live?

Connecticut, United States

3. What do you do?

After summer vacation ends, I will be a Junior in high school. I am a gamer, speedcuber, fighter, ping pong player, and kinda sorta artist-ish.

4. How did you create this piece?

I used Adobe Illustrator on the Surface Pro 4. I also used the pen thingy.

5. How long did it take?

Close to 10 hours, but I have a few reasons for that. First of all, this is my first attempt at a decent drawing since I was in elementary school. Second, I have never used this program, and needed some time to figure everything out. Finally, I have naturally terrible handwriting, so it took me nearly 2 hours just to write all the words semi-neatly.

6. What was your inspiration?

I have been a fan of Red vs Blue since the first time I watched it. The Meta has always been my absolute favorite character, and since I just got a new surface for my birthday, I decided to draw something. In light of season 14, I thought I would bring back the best badass ever. Of all time.

• senegalus

senegalus FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33233231 - 8 months ago

• 1. What's your name?
    • 2. Where do you live?
    • 3. What do you do?

I didn't mean to post this and I'm not sure how I did and I don't know how to delete it, I'm sorry.

• senegalus

senegalus FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33233244 - 8 months ago

1741606-1466478781389-WP_20160620_23_01_
    1741606-1466478781399-WP_20160620_23_01_

1. What's your name?

Felix

2. Where do you live?

Louisville Kentucky

3. What do you do?

School is my main focus, but as for work I do part time seasonal work in a local greenhouse

4. How did you create this piece?

It's hand sewn out of fleece

5. How long did it take?

I meant to keep good track of it, I really did, but it was kind of on and off work and I lost time after 3.5 hours.. So probably 4-5 hours

6. What was your inspiration?

I'm working on a Ruby Rose costume for a convention this weekend and I don't have the means to make crescent rose, so I decided to make myself a little Zwei instead! I wanted to bring something I love to life.